1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Went to a Hamam (turkish bathhouse), eat buffalo, elk and musk-ox, co-hosted a radioshow
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year. Don't know if I will. I usually forget about them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Someone at work, that's the closest
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Great Britain, Germany, Turkey
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
A clear goal where I can work myself to.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Sorry, nothing big comes to mind.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably organising the Canadian Week in the hotel's restaurant, all by myself
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A common cold, one mild case of food poisoning.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A beautiful marble chessboard with greek and roman playing pieces
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother, he got his college degree.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Osama, Saddam and George Dubya (on international level)
Jan Peter B. (on a national level)
14. Where did most of your money go?
rent, bills and books
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My first holiday in years, the fact that The Lion King musical is coming to Holland.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Tribute - Tenacious D
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner! Woot!
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer financially, richer spiritually.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Playing computergames
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with the family.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Nothing worth mentioning
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Mark Billingham - Lazybones
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Evanescense, Omnia, Rapalje...
28. What did you want and get?
A laptop, on the one condition that I'll have it before the end of the year. I don't have it YET
29. What did you want and not get?
Wealth and fame :)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my 26th birthday I stayed at home. The weekend before I celebrated with colleagues and family, the weekend after with friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Apart from winning the lottery? Getting a promotion.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Suits at work, casual at home. Mom is my fashion consultant.
34. What kept you sane?
LJ, friends both on- and offline
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Elisha Cuthbert (from '24')
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The so called war in Iraq
37. Who did you miss?
My grandmother Moeke (is it really already 6 years ago?)
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans (John Lennon)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
50%: I know that the night must end, and that the sun will rise
I know that the clouds must clear, and that the sun will shine
50%: Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's bristle, don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll make things turn out for the best.